This year’s ‘battle of the brands’ heats up today as Which? announces the shortlist for its tenth annual Which? Awards.
With winners announced at a ceremony on 25 May, some of the country’s top brands are vying for the coveted accolades of Which? Supermarket of the Year, Which? Home Appliance Brand of the Year and Which? Retailer of the Year, among others.
Household names will go head to head with smaller and challenger brands in categories such as Which? Travel Brand of the Year, where Premier Inn, Singapore Airlines and Trailfinders are up against the likes of Norwegian and Voyage Jules Verne.
High-end Marks & Spencer and Waitrose will compete with discounters Aldi and Iceland and online-only Ocado for the hotly-contested Which? Supermarket of the Year award.
This year, a special Which? Awards 10th Anniversary Award will recognise a company that has consistently performed well in our research and testing across the ten years, and has also focused on making their products or services better for consumers.
The full shortlist includes:
- Which? Insurance Provider of the Year 2016: John Lewis Financial Services; M&S Bank; NFU Mutual; RIAS
- Which? Supermarket of the Year 2016: Aldi; Iceland; Marks & Spencer; Ocado; Waitrose
- Which? Computing & Mobile Brand of the Year 2016: Apple; Google; Samsung
- Which? Sound & Vision Brand of the Year 2016: Canon; Panasonic; Samsung; Sony
- Which? Home Appliance Brand of the Year 2016: John Lewis; Miele; New World; Samsung; Sebo
- Which? Telecom Services Provider of the Year 2016: giffgaff; Utility Warehouse; Zen Internet
- Which? Retailer of the Year 2016: AO.com; John Lewis; Liz Earle; Toolstation
- Which? Travel Brand of the Year 2016: Norwegian; Premier Inn; Singapore Airlines; Trailfinders; Voyages Jules Verne
- Which? Trusted Trader of the Year 2016: 2 RED Ltd; Day and Knight Ltd; Electricians in Reading Ltd; Hillis Security Systems Ltd
Peter Vicary-Smith, Which? group chief executive said:
“The Which? Awards celebrate brands that succeed because they put consumers at the heart of their business.
“For our tenth Which? Awards, we are looking to reward businesses that deliver excellent products and services, and those that seek to change things and innovate to consistently deliver more for their customers.”
Notes to editors:
- The Which? Awards 2016 winners will be announced at a ceremony held on Wednesday 25 May.
- The Which? Awards are completely independent and unlike many industry awards, a company cannot nominate itself. The shortlist is chosen by our experts based on the research, testing Which? endorsements like Best Buy and Recommended Provider, and feedback from Which? members and the general public throughout the year.
- The shortlist for both the Which? Banking Brand of the Year 2016 Award and the Which? Awards 10th Anniversary Award will be announced separately at a later date.