The Which? Awards 2012 recognise businesses that have achieved positive change and deliver excellent products and services for the UK consumer.
Retailers, supermarkets, banks and mobile phone providers are some of the businesses that are shortlisted in the Which? Awards 2012.
Which? rates businesses on customer satisfaction, value for money, reliability and quality.
The Which? Awards are chosen based on Which?’s rigorous research, product testing, Best Buys, satisfaction surveys and feedback from the general public. The awards are completely independent and businesses can’t put themselves forward.
The shortlist announced today is:
- Best Supermarket: Aldi, Lidl, Marks and Spencer, and Waitrose.
- Best Financial Services Provider: Capital One, First Direct, John Lewis/Waitrose, The Co-operative Bank, and Yorkshire Building Society.
- Best Technology Services Provider: O2, Tesco Mobile, and Utility Warehouse.
- Best Audio-Visual Brand: LG, Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony.
- Best Domestic Appliance Brand: AEG, Bosch, Indesit, and Miele.
- Best Photographic Brand: Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, and Sony.
- Best Retailer: Apple, John Lewis,Lakeland and Lush.
Which? chief executive Peter Vicary-Smith said:
“The shortlist for the awards 2012 shows that good businesses are giving UK consumers a good deal and put their customers first.
“It is encouraging to see some brands and companies consistently providing high levels of customer satisfaction while also providing great value for money, especially at a time when consumers are really feeling the pinch.
“I look forward to congratulating the winners in June.”
Notes to Editor
The Which? Awards will be held on Wednesday 20 June 2012.
The Which? Awards were launched in 2007 to celebrate and reward the very best businesses in the UK. Each year companies and individuals that consistently get it right for consumers are publicly recognised.
Awards will also be given in the following categories, to be shortlisted in May:
- Best Car Manufacturer
- Which? Local Business of the Year
- The Good Food Guide Reader’s Restaurant of the Year