The best retailers, supermarkets, banks and home appliances have been announced in the shortlist for the Which? Awards 2014 today.
The Which? Awards publicly recognise and celebrate the very best businesses in the UK that consistently get it right for consumers.
Each year the Which? Awards puts the spotlight on the importance of excellent customer experience, and those businesses that go the extra mile and build trust with their customers.
The Which? Awards 2014 shortlist announced today is:
- Best Car Manufacturer: Audi, BMW, Honda, Mazda and Skoda
- Best Banking Brand: First Direct, M&S Bank, Norwich and Peterborough Building Society and The Post Office
- Best Insurance Services Provider: John Lewis, LV=, Nationwide Building Society, NFU Mutual and Saga
- Best Audio-Visual Brand: LG, Panasonic, Samsung and Sony
- Best Photography Brand: Canon, Nikon, Panasonic and Sony
- Best Home Appliance Brand: AEG, Bosch, Miele, Neff and Siemens
- Best Telecom Services Provider: giffgaff, Plusnet, Tesco Mobile, Utility Warehouse and Zen Internet
- Best Customer Service: Ecotricity, RAC, Trailfinders, Utility Warehouse, First Direct and Lush
- Best Retailer: John Lewis, Lakeland, Lush, Richer Sounds and Screwfix
- Best Computing Brand: Amazon, Apple, Samsung and Sony
- Best Supermarket: Aldi, Lidl, Marks and Spencer, Ocado and Waitrose
Which? chief executive Peter Vicary-Smith said:
“The Which? Awards have been celebrating the very best of business in the UK since 2007, each year recognising those companies and individuals who consistently get it right for their customers.
“This year’s shortlist is no exception, with these companies proving that what’s good for consumers is also good for business. I look forward to announcing the winners in June as we put the spotlight on the importance of building and maintaining consumer trust in business.”
Notes to editors:
1. The Which? Awards 2014 winners will be announced at a ceremony held on Thursday 19 June.
2. The Which? Awards are completely independent and unlike many industry awards, a company cannot nominate itself. The shortlist is chosen by our experts based on research, testing, Best Buys and feedback from Which? members and the general public.