Which? executive director, Richard Lloyd, said:
“It’s right that Ofgem put ScottishPower into special measures for its poor customer service. This is yet another example of why energy suppliers are among the least trusted businesses, and why we need major reforms to fix the big six. They must rapidly improve basic standards in customer service now and not wait for the outcome of the competition inquiry.”
Notes to Editors
1. In our annual customer service satisfaction survey, looking at 100 of our biggest brands, ScottishPower was second from bottom overall, with a customer rating of 58%, down from joint 62nd in 2013’s rankings.
2. The Which? Consumer Insight tracker reveal that over the last month:
· Energy prices are the top consumer worry, with three-quarters of people (75%) saying they are worried about energy prices;
· Only a quarter (26%) of people trust gas and electricity companies to act in their best interests;
· A third (34%) say they are likely to cut back on their spending on energy in the coming months.