A snapshot Which? assessment looked at 10 flower delivery companies to find which ones were the best. We ordered a bouquet from each and found:
- Marks & Spencer’s Spring Brights Large Gift Bag scored the highest (94%), with our gardening experts rating the bouquet highly on its quality and presentation. We looked at how all the flowers had lasted a week later, and they were still considered to be the best of the bunch.
- Interflora’s Scented Spring Perfect Gift had the lowest score (53%) with the bouquet being criticised for its poor quality hyacinths and its “gappy” presentation.
- Big brands, Lakeland (77%) and Moonpig (73%), were also rated, with Moonpig’s Spring Tulips complemented for its mix of pastel shades and Lakeland’s bouquet for having well-chosen blooms.
- British-grown flowers, Scilly Flowers (70%) and Wiggly Wigglers (62%), stood out for their scent.
Which? gardening expert, Ceri Thomas, said:
“If you’re ordering flowers for your mum, our snapshot assessment shows there can be a big difference in the quality of bouquets from delivery firms, so choose carefully if you don’t want to disappoint.”
Notes to editors
1. We ordered the flowers between late January and early February. They arrived on the same day and we assessed them for quality and condition, similarity to the online photo and description, longevity and packaging.
2. The bouquets we looked at cost between £29 and £36, which includes a standard delivery charge.
3. The Waitrose flowers we assessed were a Valentine’s Day bouquet, which is no longer being sold.
4. Photos of the flowers we ordered are available on request.
5. See the complete results below
|Marks & Spencer||Spring Brights Large Gift Bag||94%|
|Next||Spring Bright Bouquet||79%|
|Scilly Flowers||100 Scented Narcissi||70%|
|Waitrose||Passionate Tulips Bouquet||67%|
|Wiggly Wigglers||Wiggly Posy||62%|
|Interflora||Scented Spring Perfect Gift||53%|