The latest broadband survey from Which? finds again that some of the biggest providers are rated most poorly by its customers.
The results, based on a survey of over 1,700 telecoms customers, saw TalkTalk, Sky and BT achieve the lowest customer satisfaction scores among their peers.
For the fifth Which? broadband survey running, TalkTalk has been given the lowest customer score (40%) in the survey by its customers who cited issues with slow speeds, frequent connection drop outs and poor customer service.
Sky’s broadband service comes a place higher and experienced the biggest drop since the last survey in April, earning an overall customer score of 45%. In March, Sky ranked three places higher in eighth spot of the 12 ranked providers. BT came third from bottom (46%), climbing one place since the last survey.
Zen Internet once more occupied top spot with its customer service continuing to please its customers. Utility Warehouse came second, earning plaudits for their value for money packages. SSE came in third place with its customers also citing their packages as good value.
With millions experiencing issues with their broadband, Which?’s Fix Bad Broadband campaign and its free speed checker is helping consumers discover whether the broadband speed they’re getting is what they signed up for.
Which? is building up a real picture of service across the UK that it can share with government, the regulator and internet providers to help improve connections.
To use the speed checker, visit: To use the speed checker, visit: https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/
Alex Neill, Which? Managing Director of Home Products and Services, said:
“Far too many people are still getting a poor deal from their broadband provider. Big players need to improve their service across the board or expect their customers to take their business elsewhere.”
Notes to Editors
- Research: Which? surveyed 1,709 telecoms customers in June to July 2017. Ratings and scores are for broadband and phone packages. We require a minimum of 30 responses to give a rating or score on any particular measure. Combines overall satisfaction and likelihood to recommend service to a friend. The survey is done every six months.
- Full table
- To use the Which? speed checker visit > https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/
- For more information about the Which? Fix Bad Broadband campaign, visit > www.which.co.uk/fixbadbroadband
- For advice on how to speed up your broadband, visit > https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/broadband-deals/article/speed-up-slow-broadband
- Broadband provider reviews > http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/broadband-deals/article/broadband-provider-reviews/bt-broadband-review