Audley Travel and Trailfinders share top spot in our annual member survey of holiday companies.
- Which? members rated Trailfinders (93%) as the best travel company for a third year in a row, an accolade held jointly this year with Audley Travel.
- Audley Travel was praised for its ‘superb’ and ‘seamless’ planning, with one Which? member saying it was a ‘class act’. Trailfinders was described by one member as ‘simply brilliant’.
- A number of well-known High Street holiday companies, which fell near the bottom of the table last year, saw an improvement this year. First Choice (69%), Thomas Cook (61%) and Thomson (70%) all improved on their previous customer scores.
Which? Editor Richard Headland, said:
“It’s good to see an improvement in the market, particularly among the lower rated companies, in time for summer. However people should do their research as it pays to know which holiday firm will give you the best experience.”
Notes to editors:
1. In April 2014, we asked Which? members to complete an online survey about their experiences of travelling with a holiday company. The holiday must have included accommodation, alongside transport and/or an escorted tour. Our results are based on 2,852 member experiences.
2. 23 companies appear in our survey. Full results for the top 5 and bottom 5 are outlined in the table below. We also looked at (in alphabetical order) British Airways Holidays, The Co-operative Travel, Exodus, Great Rail Journeys, Inghams, Jet2holidays, Kuoni, Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, Saga, Titan Travel, Travelsphere, Virgin Holidays and Voyages Jules Verne.
|Holiday company||Customer score|
|Audley Travel (43)||93%|
|Riviera Travel (142)||89%|
|HF Holidays (36)||87%|
|Shearings Holidays (35)||73%|
|First Choice (42)||69%|
|Thomas Cook (153)||61%|