In response to the Financial Ombudsman’s annual review of personal finance disputes, Richard Lloyd, Which? executive director, said:
“These shocking figures show banks are still letting their customers down and failing to help consumers with legitimate claims get the compensation they’re rightly owed.
“The Financial Conduct Authority must take tough action against any bank found dragging its feet in settling complaints. It’s time for a big change in banking, with banks that work for customers, not bankers.”
1. If you think you’ve been mis-sold PPI, it’s easy to claim it back yourself for free. Just visit www.which.co.uk/ppi and follow our free, quick and easy guide to making a claim.
2. ‘Big Change‘ is calling for:
- Bankers to put customers first, not sales.
- Bankers to meet professional standards and comply with a code of conduct.
- Bankers to be punished for mis-selling and bad practice.