Alex Neill, Which? Managing Director of Home Products and Services, said:
“Eight in ten households in Northern Ireland are with the two largest electricity providers, but customers with smaller electricity suppliers are happier with the service they’re getting.
“If you’re not happy with your energy provider you should look to switch, as you could get better customer service and save money.”
Notes to editors:
- Budget Energy and Electric Ireland jointly top our Northern Ireland table, with an overall customer score of 67 per cent. SSE Airtricity Electricity ranks the lowest, with an overall customer score of 57 per cent, while the biggest electricity provider, Power NI, has an overall score of 61 per cent.
- Click Energy is not included in this year’s survey because we didn’t get enough responses from its customers.
- For our full expert analysis on companies in Northern Ireland, see:
- Eight in ten (79%) of Northern Ireland customers are with the incumbent electricity providers according to the Northern Ireland Utility Regulator:
- The Consumer Council of Northern Ireland has a tool to help you compare deals: http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/comparison_tool/begin