Adam French, Which? Consumer Rights Expert, said:
“If you had any kind of credit product, such as a consumer loan, store card, credit card or mortgage up until 2006, when the regulator began imposing fines for PPI mis-selling, you could have been mis-sold PPI. With the PPI deadline just hours away this is the final chance for anyone who thinks they may have been mis-sold to make a claim.
“All claims must be submitted by midnight on August 29th, so we are encouraging anyone who thinks they may have had PPI to submit one now. There are free, easy-to-use tools available online or you can submit a claim directly to your bank – it is now or never.”
Notes to editor:
- Which?’s free PPI tool and guidance on claiming can be found here: www.which.co.uk/ppitool
- In the last six weeks, Which? has seen a 120% increase in the number of people using its PPI tool compared to the previous six weeks.
- More than a quarter of a million people have used Which?’s PPI tool to make a claim in the last two years.
- Around one in four people who used Which?’s PPI tool was successful.
- The average amount claimed is around £3,000.