Adam French, Which? Consumer Rights Expert, said:
“Time has almost run out with the deadline to make a PPI claim just days away, this is the final call for anyone who can make a claim to act now. We’ve heard from many people who have received thousands of pounds in PPI compensation for financial products they had forgotten about and the banks still have millions of pounds set aside for payouts.
“We are urging anyone who thinks they may have been mis-sold PPI to act swiftly and make a claim before August 29th – banks will continue investigating claims as long as they are submitted by the deadline date. There are free, easy-to-use tools available online or you can apply directly to your bank – you have nothing to lose.”
Notes to editor:
- Which?’s free PPI tool and guidance on claiming can be found here: www.which.co.uk/ppitool
- In the last six weeks, Which? has seen a 120% increase in the number of people using its PPI tool compared to the previous six weeks.
- More than a quarter of a million people have used Which?’s PPI tool to make a claim in the last two years.
- Around one in four people who used Which?’s PPI tool was successful.
- The average amount claimed is around £3,000.