Which? consumer rights advice for customers of Toys R Us and Maplin

Alex Neill, Which? Managing Director of Home Products and Services, said:
“It’s a worrying time for everyone when a company goes into administration but for customers it’s important to remember that your consumer rights may be affected.


“If you have recently bought anything from Toys R Us or Maplin, you may not be able to claim a refund or exchange the item if they cease trading. If you have gift vouchers you should try to spend these in-store as soon as possible.


“If you are planning to shop in Toys R Us or Maplin and intend to buy something worth more than £100, make sure you use a credit card as you’ll be able to make a claim against your credit card company under Section 75 Consumer Credit Act if anything goes wrong.”


Which? has expert guides to your consumer rights in the event of a retailer going into administration, including:  your returns rights, what to do if you have a faulty product and how to try to claim for a refund.